Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

9,266 Posts
also if you belong to a church or other faith based orgization; ask fr referals there; or if they know anyone "in the faith". It helps if you know you have common ground.

Also never be afraid to ask about slideing-scale payments. Espically with anyone faith based.

Good luck. It just takes time. I have a wonderful therpist who, while I will bw moving out of state, I will continue to see. He is in my parent's hometown and I will see him whenever I am home. BUT it took a long time to find him. Found him via a friend's recomdation.


edited to add: also be flexible about the "lable" mine is a "liciened professional counslor" not a PhD or MD. Social Workers are also great and ually more avaiable and more afordable.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.