Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I am TERRIFIED (see other posts)

I am trying to prepare myself for life as a single mom, and am wondering, how hard it is to date when you are a single mom?
I don't want to be alone. I want to feel loved, respected, valued, cared for. Ok, I am crying now

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
My biggest piece of advice is to wait until it is the right time and the right person. My X left me in August 2003 (our baby was four months old) and I went on my first date in May of 2997. Yep, almost four years later. I was asked out other times but always said no, and I'm so glad I waited until I was ready and it was with the right person. Best wishes to you!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree. I waited until I had gone to therapy to figure out my role in the demise of my marriage. I also created a life of my own with my children. I really sat with the pain and being alone - I didn't want to rush to fill that space with someone. I knew if I did that I would just repeat a pattern.

You'll know when you're ready.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Honestly,

Give yourself time. All these single gals know. You need support and I wanted to quickly feel the void. I wanted a man to take care of me and wipe away my tears. A few guys I dated I cried in front of them, of course they didn't stick around at all. Sooo sad I was... my x remarried and I was alone.

Yet, I kept my head up. Kept close to my friends and family. Started working on myself my confidence.

After a few years of tryanny simple because I wasn't ready to move on, I found the guy.

He found my dog and I was ready. I have a little fear becuase our relationship is moving so quickly. I am rolling with it because I believe we are both ready, we are ready.

I even look at my x and for once I dont have any feelings for him. Actually, I have finally run into my destiny.

God,earth Sky, whatever you believe has a destiny for all of us. You might be able to move on a lot quicker it just depends on your healing process. It took a lot longer for me than most. I was really scary to men, cause i was not confident and an absolute mess.

Stay active, keep your head up and know"You'll cross that stream, I have a dream." ABBA

·
Registered
656 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcarons View Post
It's not until you love, respect, and value yourself, can another do that. You must first heal your own wounds.
:

You have to do that all for yourself before you should date. Don't look outside of yourself to be whole.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcarons View Post
It's not until you love, respect, and value yourself, can another do that. You must first heal your own wounds.
This statement is untrue...it is better and healthier to love yourself first of course but it is ridiculous and untrue to tell people no one will love them until they love themselves...I am not trying to pick on you for saying so it's just a really sore spot for me and I wish therapists would stop saying stuff like that and word it correctly.

Ally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.