Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I know for sure I won't be subjecting myself or my child to a 5 to 7 second full-body dose of radiation so the TSA can see us naked. I have marginally less problem with the option of the pat-down but I'm struggling with how to explain to my 7-year-old why it's only ok for his parents, his doctor and now a complete stranger at the airport to come anywhere near his private parts. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>How are you handling this? I'm seriously considering canceling our air travel plans because of this.</p>

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
<p>I wonder if some airports are more lax than others? When we flew this summer, they let dd and me bypass the scanner and just be pat down. Not sure how common that is, though. (This was in June-July, btw, so maybe things have become more strict since then?). </p>

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
<p>There is a thread right now under Family Safety about this same topic if you want to go check it out :)</p>

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
<p>Here's an <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/john-tyner-tsa-security-check-sexual-molestation/story?id=12153388&page=1" target="_blank">article</a> about it.  It sounds like the pat downs now involve them feeling your breasts and your crotch with the front of their hands.  There is no way I'll consent to this, and I'm sure as hell not going to let someone molest my children.  I won't do the body scanner either.  If it's a choice between this and not flying, I won't fly.</p>

Reactions: tsfairy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts