Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about at my wits end with this. It's just plain driving me bonkers.<br><br>
My DD, Evie, is 25 months and has this awful habit of screaming. I can handle screaming for injuries and such, and even hurt feelings, but she screams for everything. Playing especially. It's an awful, ear piercing, top of her lungs screech that makes me cringe and want to wear ear plugs. It happens a lot when she and DS are playing, wrestling mostly, or if DH is chasing her, but it's way too often.<br><br>
I've tried demonstrating inside and outside voices, telling her that her screaming gives me ouchies, putting her in a time-out, etc. And, though I'm ashamed to admit it, I've yelled at her a couple times. Well, many times, probably. It doesn't help I'm due with #3 any day, and I haven't had a decent night sleep in weeks. My patience is VERY low.<br><br>
And then, she's started the two-year-old whining thing. I know it's age appropriate, so that does help, but still, driving me nuts! I've tried increasing cuddles and giving her more attention for the past three months or so and it doesn't seem to be doing anything yet. My biggest complaint about it is that she cries so often and so hard that I can never tell if she's gravely injured or just mad.<br><br>
Also, she's started swatting at people and being more aggressive. I'm not fond of this at all! If she's not happy with you, she'll try and swat at you, or worse yet, push you. Physical aggression in our house gets an immediate time out. I will not tolerate it at all. We've gone over and over the being gentle concept and how people don't want to be with you if you hurt them, etc. But no effect yet.<br><br>
Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I'm getting desperate. DS hasa never been aggressive, but now he's picking it up from her :S<br><br>
TIA,<br>
Micki

1 - 1 of 1 Posts