Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...some covers can be used 2-3 times (and wool many times) if no poo gets on them.

How do you hang your covers to let them "breathe" and dry between uses?

Just looking for a solution that looks a little nicer than my current "sling them over the shower rod" look

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I wish I could help...
I have a wrought-iron banister on my stairs; my covers usually wind up draped all over that, upstairs and down, and then I have to scramble around and put them away when somebody comes over.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'll probably do some sort of clothes line on the wall...I have a little space behind the door in the bathroom. Maybe I could use some sort of cuter ribbon or something to make it look nicer.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We only used 3 pul type covers - one on dd, one air drying on the lid of diaper pail and one in the drawer or drying if it got a bit of poo on it. We rarely had any poo leaks (usually user error), but would just hand wash with soap and air dry. They all got washed once or twice a week and air dried in the laundry room.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Are they really that wet after a change that you need to hang them up? Honestly I just throw mine on top of the night stand where her clothes are or on top of the basket that holds her diapers. It's never crossed my mind to hang them up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just sling mine over the side of her changing table.

It also kind of depends on the diaper you are using, some fitteds don't really get the cover wet, but others like the Tiny Tush or a Prefold really get the inside of the cover damp.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Your sling them over the shower rod seems nicer then my leave-them-on-the-living-room-floor-until-the-next-use method.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.