Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas--
I'm wondering.....
I know what IGT is...but how do you know if you have it?
I'm not PCOS. I don't know what BCBT is (sorry this may be the wrong abbreviation!)??
I've had borderline enough milk for the past 11 months. I think it's due to the fact that DS had sucking problems for the first 3 months...b/c I always had enough milk to pump after feeding and supplement with my own milk.

I still have borderline enough...but would like to increase it. Is it too late in the game? What does work well this late? I've been using goat's rue, but I don't know if it works this late and it is soooo expensive.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
IGT would suggest that you don't have enough tissue to produce enough milk for your child... It sounds like you just about do, and had other problems early on that could explain the slightly low supply. I think the first few months are considered key for telling your body how much to make...

I don't know what would be most effective in your situation - I know there's a sticky at the top of the forum with ideas. Goat's rue does take a few weeks to kick in, if you stick with that approach. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.