Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 months after my baby girl was born i divorced her father. I know it was the right choice for me, he cheated, he lied, he wasn't supportive in any way, and i shouldn't have married him in the first place.
But sometimes, i think about my daughter having to grow up without a father (he rarely sees her) and wonder if i should have given him another chance, if my ego was bruised from his lies, and i gave up too quickly, maybe if we tried therapy my daughter would have a father now...
I don't think he'd want to try therapy, but i never really asked him. On the other hand - if he wanted to stay in her life he could have done so now, even if we're not together anymore.
How can you tell if you made the right choice? not only for you, but for your entire family...

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Like you said, he could stay in her life if he wanted to. You divorcing him didn't change him being her father but, if he's not seeing her now simply because he doesn't live in your house, then he probably was never going to be a good father to her, it just wouldn't have been so glaringly obvious

1 - 3 of 3 Posts