Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
i do it simple: drizzle w/ olive oil & sprinkle w/ s&p and roast in oven at 350 for 10 min. sometimes i sprinkle some parmesan cheese or balsamic vinegar on top after i take them out. ds (19 mo) loves 'em this way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love getting new ideas from this thread: thanks for posting it
. I just steam them in a pan with 1/2 inch water. Then I add butter and S/P or salt-free spice mix. My husband, my kids and myself love vegetables, but not asparagus as much as others. Maybe I have never prepared it well! I have also cut asparagus very thinly on the horizontal, and put it raw into boiling pasta water for the last 2 minutes, then drained with the pasta and served with a sauce (marinara or parmesan/olive oil/S/P).

I can't wait to see more ideas!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by taramoon13 View Post
i do it simple: drizzle w/ olive oil & sprinkle w/ s&p and roast in oven at 350 for 10 min. sometimes i sprinkle some parmesan cheese or balsamic vinegar on top after i take them out. ds (19 mo) loves 'em this way.
That's the only way I'll eat asparagus.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Steamed to tender but still a bit crisp, squeeze a fresh lemon over the top, a light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt.

ohmegod it's soo good!

Hollandaise sauce is awesome too....DELISH!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lerlerler View Post
on the grill - or under the broiler

a wee bit of olive oil and maybe some sea salt on top...

easy and yummy
same here!

I also love Hollandaise but have never made it myself. Maybe this year!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
My family LOVES roasted asparagus. I make a little sauce of olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil. Drizzle this over the asparagus and roast at 400 degress from 10 minutes. Don't overcook it though-it gets mushy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by taramoon13 View Post
: It's SOOOOO good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.