Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I think DD, 3, has her first earache
. She's never been on antibiotics, and would prefer not to start now. She's had cold symptoms for over a week, been cranky, no fever and complained of ear pain yesterday. Looking over these boards it seems as though a couple drops of garlic oil in the ear may be helpful - I have olive oil and garlic, how do I go about making it? (stupid question I know!). Also - what else could help her get over this without making a trip to the peds office. TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
To make garlic oil I put a clove (you can slice it) put it in a little olive oil in a pan and heat it for a while. Then I put it in a little bottle with a dropper to keep it (just the oil not the garlic pieces). You can warm the oil before using but don't get it too hot. This is just the method that I use, I am interested to see what others do. You can also buy drops that contain mullein as well as garlic from the health food store.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natmum
Kim - I'll pm you a link to an article with an ear drop recipe

Pm me too

·
Registered
269 Posts
The book I have says it should be Garlic-Mullein Oil. The mullein relieves the pain.

1 whole bulb finally chopped fresh garlic
1 oz mullein flowers
1 pint olive oil.

combine all in a glass jar and stir well. Cover jar and leave in sunlight for one week. Strain into a clean jar (discard plant material). Store in refridgerator for up to 2 years.

If you are in a hurry you can simmer all of the ing. with very low heat for 30 min.

Use it at room temp or slightly warm. 3 to 7 drops in the ear.

( I took this from Naturally Healthy Babies and Children by Aviva Romm)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.