Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have washed them with wool wash, soaked them in conditioner and done the lanolin. They are a bit softer but still scratchy and itchy to me and she wants them off.

What temp for the wash machine? I did the downy advanced too.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I just can't think of PF as soft. It's great wool but DS wouldnt wear it for anything! It may be more hairy than scratchy from the mohair. You can take a sweater shaver to the inside to try and get rid of the hairiness... or get some organic merino ones
:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Peace Fleece definitely softens up over time. It is one of my favorite yarns for heavy duty wear, like overnight. We have some shorts from Julie at The Cushie Tushie, and the have softened up a lot. Peace Fleece is a very distinctive yarn....people either love it or hate it.
I would try the conditioner and lanolin a few times.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I was thinking, what color are the pants you have? I have noticed some colors seem a little less soft than others. I had some red that took a little while to soften up, but the Volgassippi Blue seemed soft right from the start.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildthing
I was thinking, what color are the pants you have? I have noticed some colors seem a little less soft than others. I had some red that took a little while to soften up, but the Volgassippi Blue seemed soft right from the start.

I've heard that too.. reds, purples, pinks take a little longer to soften up for some reason but well worth it in the end!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts