Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my dh has been putting our dd to bed while I relax or do dishes :LOL . But I've noticed that she just stays up for a long time even when she is really sleepy. What do we do? Do we say "Ok, time for bed." We are still new to the bedtime routine thing. In the past she did not go to sleep until 2am so she's never been a great sleeper. How do you get them to lie in bed and go to sleep without breastfeeding?

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
It took a year+ of a solid routine, and now it's a breeze. First she stopped (on her own) nursing to sleep. DH gave her a bath and read books and then lie with her. It used to take a long time for her to actually sleep. Now she puts oh her PJs, goes to the bathroom, brushes her teeth, turns on her nightlight, we read her about 3 books, and then she falls asleep right away while we lie beside her.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes, routine, same every time. Dont rush it. And good night music while you lie down while you listen -to the whole cd-!!!<br><br><br>
Hope this helps<br><br>
a

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
We were in the same situation... we started about 4 months ago (she's 3.5 now) doing a bedtime routine, she doesn't nap anymore, so we start around 7 or 7:30, take a bath, read books, eat yogurt, brush teeth, go to sleep. I have a goal to always turn off the light by 8:30. That way she's usually asleep by 9 at the latest.<br><br>
It makes a huge difference, she's way less tired during the day, she wakes up earlier than before, now usually around 8am or 7:30, but she's had a good sleep. (She still wakes around 3am though, and every hour or 2 after that, we're working on that part).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts