Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting better at GD with my own child. Today however I felt at a loss as to how to handle or what to say about a situation that happened.

A child much older than mine was very aggressive towards my child and I didn't know exactly how to handle this situation. Should I confront the child/the mother? I didn't end up confronting either of them, and instead just comforted my own child. But, I felt like I did not handle the situation well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
It would depend on how old the kids were and how well I knew the other kid. In the toddler type interaction you seem to be describing, I'd comfort my own kid and figure out if it was important to her to get the toy back.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chfriend View Post
It would depend on how old the kids were and how well I knew the other kid. In the toddler type interaction you seem to be describing, I'd comfort my own kid and figure out if it was important to her to get the toy back.
Thank you. The other kid was a complete stranger and much older than a toddler. My child is a toddler. This child was at least 5, maybe 6 or 7.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
If it's a stranger and my kid is a toddler. I comfort and empathize, then get her involved in something else. If the kid is still around holding the "stolen" toy, I say that my child is a lot littler than she or his is and she would like the toy she was playing with back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.