Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD will go in the crib in the beginning of the night but will not stay there for long. In fact she is usually in our bed by midnight - approx a half hour after I have laid down. I am cramped and stiff and want more sleep.<br><br>
How can I safely sidecar her crib? Any web sites/photos about this out there?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
<a href="http://pages.ivillage.com/gentlegoodnight/sidecar.html" target="_blank">http://pages.ivillage.com/gentlegoodnight/sidecar.html</a><br><br>
OUrs looks pretty much like what's pictured on that website. The only real difference is that i rolled up a blanket to fill in the extra space beside the crib mattress. I think the bumper pad is too much of a hazard.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I was just going to ask this question earlier this week, but then I just figured it out.<br><br>
I put dd's crib in the corner, then shoved our bed up against it. I had the problem with the gap, so I took two rolled towels and shoved them in there to keep it in place and fill the gap. Then, I took a toddler bed rail and put it on that side of her mattress- now there is no chance of her getting stuck over there. You do have to make sure that the guard rail doesn't leave a big gap (enough to fit a soda can through) at either end, because ours isn't the same length as her crib, so we had to center it.<br><br>
Even after this, I still had a little trouble getting rid of a small gap between our beds that she could get her arm stuck in. So, I took another towel, folded it very tightly, and put it UNDER my sheet on the side of the mattress, then tried shoving them together again. For whatever reason, it did the trick and it is nice and firm.<br><br>
Now, before we go to bed at night, I just make sure it is all nice and tight. Oh, and I noticed there was a little gap at the very top where both her mattress and ours curve- I had to fill that, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts