Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying and trying....Not sure why I'm not getting it but I can't seem to serge a rounded corner. My machine cuts the edge of the fabric so when I turn the fabric to round the corner it gets messed up. Please help me!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hmmm.

I'm not sure what you're describing as the problem. When I serge rounded corners, I just pull the fabric gently in the direction it needs to go. How fast are you going? What's happening to the threads on the corner? What do you mean by "messed up"?

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I hold the fabric an inche or so in from the corner and just let it rotate with my finger as the axis. I hope that makes sense. You can't stop it and turn it like a regular sewing machine.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay....sorry I didnt' give much detail the first time.

So I'm serging squares and before I get to the end I start to turn with the machine going slowly, the first half of the corner comes out good but the second half doesn't because the fabric doesn't feed under the pedal smoothly and I end up with bunched up fabric and the overlap fabric that should have been trimmed off by the machine is getting sewn up and over my serge line. Make sense?

I hope so....I've tried cutting the corners so they are already semi-rounded...but that's not helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.