Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a S/O of the What can you do to better meet your partner's needs? thread. I see many ppl putting they can show appreciation.

Yeah. This is definetly something I need to do, and to be completely honest I dont think I am good at it/know how. (other than telling him "thank you for... and I really appreciate that you..."

So I started thinking, "ok, so how do I expect/would i like
for DF to show me he appreciates me? (there are definetly many many times that I feel unappreciated)

And I cant come up with anything. Other than well, he could randomly buy me flowers, or do something romantic....

Buy why should he have to spend money? Surely there are better more heartfelt ways to SHOW appreciation?

And then I feel like Im over thinking this.
:

What do YOU think?
How do YOU show your partner that you appreciate them? In what little ways on a regular basis? In what large ways? On a how often basis?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I verbally express my love, appreciation, and desire for dh as often as I can. Could probably do it more, but I do make an effort there.

As far as nonverbal ways, I touch him a lot. Rub his neck, hold his hand, kiss his everywhere, etc. There are a few other things that might be too graphic to post here but basically I like to make him feel loved physically and like he can have the chance to feel pleasure without reciprocation once in awhile.

I try to really pick up slack when he's not feeling well or stressed about something. I try to give him a night off here and there because he really does do a lot of the night time parenting. (As much as someone without milk ducts can anyway)

Sometimes I surprise him by rubbing his feet or his back for no reason at all.

And once in a rare while I'll buy him a little gift, like fancy chocolates, but that's like every 4 months or so.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
For me it means getting up early and making coffee and walking his dog so he can sleep in when he's at my house, and the reverse when we're at his house.

It means making him dinner when he is so tired from work that he'd just eat cereal if he had to do it himself.

It means kissing him and thanking him when he does something nice for me. It means telling him I'm glad to see him, and glad he's with me.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
The biggest is simply expressing my verbal appreciation. I thank DH when he does things around the house, I thank him for working hard to support his family, I thank him for taking care of me.

I leave notes for DH. Every couple of weeks I draw DH a silly Me+U=LUV type of note, using the kids' crayons. I leave little notes in DH's wallet. I write him notes in lipstick on our bathroom mirror. It doesn't have to be anything big- just 'I love you and I'm looking forward to seeing you this evening.' or 'Thanks for spending time with me this weekend. I love you!'

I buy DH treats when I go grocery shopping. He loves yogurt pretzels, so I buy him a package.

I do buy things for DH when I feel moved to do so. It's not something I set out to do, but if I happen to be out and see something I know he would like, I buy it for him. I bought him a CD a few weeks ago because he mentioned that he was interested in a particular new artist.

I make time for DH. A friend and I have been switching off babysitting each other's kids one day a week. So every other week, I meet DH for lunch sans kids. I also try to make an effort to be spend time with DH once or twice a week in the evenings- we play board games.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.