Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 36 PF's from monkey toe diapers (which is having an awesome sale on seconds). Now they're prepped, washed, etc... and i'm staring at this five-foot stack of prefolds on my dresser and thinking "Where am I going to put these?"
If I put them in a drawer, they'll take up the whole thing. If I leave them out and stacked up, somehow they'll get on the floor (probably via Puppy).

So, what's your ideas, ladies?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Prefolds went into a diaper stacker all folded and ready to go and covers were kept in a linned wicker basket another had the fitted and AIOs and another had all the accessories and extra wipes I also kept a little basket with dry wipes in the bathroom and just wet 1-2 under warm water as needed.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You're right, they can get everywhere. We keep the diaper bag stocked, a bunch by the bed, and the rest stacked on the shelf in the changing area. Still, they take up less space than that many pockets or AIO's.

·
Registered
896 Posts
We're 14 months in. They're in a stack on the floor, next to a changing pad, on one side of the family room. The PUL covers currently get stacked on the counter in the powder room, because le babe thinks they are the PERFECT teething product and that's just kind of gross.

If people are going to come over, the prefold stack gets tossed into the vanity cabinet in the powder room.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I use a 6 drawer dresser as a changing table. This is my current set up. The 24 prefolds go in the bottom drawer. I lay them flat. I use the other five drawers for covers, stuffed pockets, cloth wipes used on occasion, extra inserts & liners, extra pail liner & on sale diapers to grow into.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
When dd was first born I had an insane number of prefolds--like 10, 11 dozen? so I sold as many as I could part with, and stuffed the rest into drawers and on shelves wherever I could fit them. I ended up with between 3 and 4 dozen that I actually used.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Mine go in one of my dressers drawers. Right now in my drawer (when everything is clean) I have a dozen regular prefolds, 7 contours, 9 fitteds, 2 AIOs, and 4 covers. Oh, and the bibs and burp cloths that we don't use.

I used to have 3 dozen infant prefolds, 9 covers, and 2 AIOs in there.

Crystal

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The bottom drawer of Reese's dresser holds her pfs (about 4 dozen) Our wool covers live in the cedar chest (we live in the south so carpet beetles are a sick reality) and our fitteds are stored in baskets on the shelf or in the laundry basket

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I made a diaper sling for the prefolds. The infant sized fit well in a diaper hanger but the bigger sizes started getting pretty squished in there. The sling holds them well and I store it in the closet (which is next to the changing area) to keep the kids out of it.

I also have some thicker ones in a dresser drawer (where I change the kids, on the top) which I don't use often but I have them if I need 'em.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
we always used a dresser drawer or just a pile on or near the dresser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.