Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
We take ours on top of juice. I pour just a little juice in a glas-1 oz or less- and drink the whole thing like a shot. The only aftertaste I have is the juice. We don't take fermented, just regular, but it goes down well like this.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
right now, i just pour it onto a spoon, throw at the back of my throat and then down a few bites of whatever im having for breakfast or take a few gulps of whatever im about to drink (im about to tryin the latter with lemonade).

I have the unflavored cod liver oil too, but mine isnt fermented.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP View Post
Can't do it, I take capsules. I know it costs more, but for me, it's caps or no CLO.
Ditto, we do the CLO/BO from Green Pastures/Dr. Ron. I can't even just take it, though. I have to chew up some soft/chewy food and place the capsule in the middle of the chewed food, then swallow.

I'm a wimp.

We squeeze DS's out of the capsule and he takes it off the spoon, and like PP's DS, he too begs for more!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I haven't heard of fermented CLO. What's that all about?

I use Garden of Life CLO. It's flavored w/ lemon mint. I really hate it, but I like the fact that it has lots of natural Vit A and D. I take it on a spoon as far back in my mouth as I can and chase it quickly w/ juice or KT. My DS actually likes the taste though and calls it "fishy drops."

I used to try to float it on juice or in a smoothie, but I could still taste the CLO so strongly. Then, I tried making capsules but that was such a pain. It totally avoided the taste, but they took forever to make.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
I use Garden of Life CLO. It's flavored w/ lemon mint. I really hate it, but I like the fact that it has lots of natural Vit A and D. I take it on a spoon as far back in my mouth as I can and chase it quickly w/ juice or KT. My DS actually likes the taste though and calls it "fishy drops."
I used to have the same difficulties with the Garden of Life. We switched to the Blue Ice and tbh I can take that much easier. As an extra bonus you have to take far less of the Blue Ice than you do the GOL.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
So I've started taking Apple Cider Vinegar as well and so here is my morning tonic...

1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tbsp CLO
1 Tbsp ACV

Add hot water to melt coconut oil. Take in a shot or two and follow with water. I find the ACV overpowers most all flavors...and its good for you

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
Squirt it in the back of my mouth and chase it with some raw milk.
We take the raw fermented CLO and this is what my kids do. DH and I just squirt it in and swallow!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightJoy View Post
Fermented is even better for you than HV.
Well, I'm finishing this bottle of fermented CLO and then I'm going back to HVCLO b/c this one doesn't have very high omega 3s.

To the OP, I squirt it in the back of my throat and then drink. I used to do water, but then I wasn't sure if the calcium would block absorption of anything (my brain's not working right now so I can't remember why I thought this) so now I just wash it down with water.

HTH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.