Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you track your online advertising? Did you buy software? or do you pay someone monthly to track it? i want to be able to track how well my banners, sig lines, links, etc. are working. i would like to utilize a 'cookie' so that i can tell when someone makes a purchase exactly how they got to my website to begin with. anyone else doing this?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Cookies are great but require a database. Do you have that option on your hosting package?

Coupon codes and/or special links are good if you don't have the php source codes we talked about in PM.

When I was doing off-line promotions for my book I would put different links on the coupons. For example:
www.vegfamily.com/vegnews
www.vegfamily.com/worldfest
www.vegfamily.com/summerfest

Then I set up my ht access file to autoamtically route the visitor to a special page just for those people. I had the page say, "Welcome VegNews Readers" or "Welcome Worldfest Participants" etc. I was able to track sales that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.