Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about how everyone else uses their covers. Do you use them under regular baby clothes? Do you use them as bottoms or shorts paired with a shirt? Do you use them at night? I use mine mainly as bottoms matched with a shirt. I find that they tend to be a little too bulky to put underneath a pair of shorts or pants. That suits me just fine because I prefer to show off my soakers rather than cover them up with clothes.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well, my son is three (old enough to be out of diapers -lol) so we do put pants/shorts over the top of them. There are some soakers that are trim enough for this - a bjm soaker, and a ribbed crotch soaker that I knit myself. Both of those fit so trim that there is no problem fitting the pants over them.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
We only use ours for nights/naps.

Under clothing we use PUL, it's much trimmer and easier for me to deal with when out and about.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I mainly use them as clothes. But we use almost all shorts/longies. Here in chilly MN, my littles wear longies almost all winter. During the day and at night. DH has said several times how jealous he is of the warm soft pants.lol Knitting for their winter wardrobe keeps me pretty busy lol- I like them to have several pair each.

In the summer, we use alot of shorts unless we're going somewhere where they would take a real beating. Then I use BSWW and reg. shorts.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
We use them as clothes. I used to use AIO's when we were out and about, but Luke has a sensitivity to PUL, I think, so now I se a WIO under a pair of knit woolies so we've got extra protection against compression wicking.

·
Registered
11,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's warm here in Hawaii all the time, too. We use jersey or flannel wool covers under regular clothes. When at home, I usually just keep my little guy in a diaper and maybe a t-shirt (if he's dressed at all :LOL ). I tried to knit a couple soakers to wear under clothes but they all just seemed a little too bulky.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2boysNagirl
I use mine as clothes. If she wears regular clothes then I put an aio on her.
:

That way I can have *two* entire stashes... fitteds to go under the wool soakers/shorts/pants and pockets/AIOs to go under the regular clothes. :LOL

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Soakers get used as clothes.

Wool fabric wraps get used under clothes as they are trimmer (sometimes I'll use our BJM soaker under clothing as well as it's very trim too).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts