Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>ds is only 2 weeks old and a few days. The first 2 weeks where amazingly easy, as it was with dd until colic, reflux started and she didnt stop crying for a year straight,,,, so i was expecting this but last week was my first week home with them both alone, but ds slept amazingly well. I just put his bassinet in "his" area of the playroom and he slept through everything. Now he wants to be held until he is asleep or really drowsy, he doesnt like any sling or carrier, and he is waking up from dd's play and noise. Even if I read dd books while i hold ds,he wont fall asleep, he needs silence, lights dimmed and fan/ noise maker on.. so today i spent about 10 min a few times alone in ds's room holding him until he fell asleep and i could put him down in his room. But then what do i do with 3.5 year old dd during those 10 min? WE dont watch tv, so thats not an option. I tried favorite, special toys, art project etc. but she ended up getting into trouble anyway.. she cut her hair, messed with the dogs, made messes etc. child proofing for her is hard because she can do anything an adult can do as far as her fine motor, if i put thing sup high she just gets s tool or chair and climbs, she can open child proof doors, drawers, medicine bottles, the fridge, etc.. any suggestions from btdt parents?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
71 Posts
<p>White noise CD try Ebay or Amazon. Turn it up. Our little guy loves white noise! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as your other lo....Mine is 2 and loud as well. I taught her she can't come in when R is being put to sleep. I give her crayons, markers and paper. Or we do dvd's....yeah on the computer. Sorry I can't be more help but do train and be firm with your older dc as they need to learn.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts