Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just want to know how having a baby changed you. Any discovery, self-realization, change of outlook? I had my baby when I was 30 years old. I was single for a long time and I think it was a beautiful journey for me. Our first baby is now 2 years old and we are planning for a new one. Do let us know your story. We would love to hear about the journeys of other mothers. I believe everyone has a unique story. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had my son when I was 22.
He definitely changed my life 100%. His father and I had been like best friends for about a year before my pregnancy and we were definitely like "party kids"

We used to just hangout all day doing nothing but drinking and getting into all sorts of trouble. We had no responsibilities and did everything on a whim, like deciding one day to disappear to the beach for a week with $500 in our pocket and nothing but a truck to sleep in.

Anyway, obviously doing things like that lead to doing other things without much thought and then I got pregnant.

When I told him I was scared beyond belief. I had no idea how he would react. As soon as he heard, he told me I was moving in with him and we'd do whatever it took to make sure the baby had a real family.

Now, our son is a year and a half old and I'm 19 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. Having my first child changed my whole out look on life. I went from basically still being a teenager with stretched out ear lobes and wild coloured hair to becoming an actual adult who looks as respectable as you can while walking around with one kid and pregnant without having a ring on my finger haha

It's a lengthy story but I guess the moral of it is that my life right now would be completely different if my son were never born. I also overcame the fact that almost all parents my age in my town live off welfare and food stamps. As parents we stepped up and excelled in every way we could.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applaud you, @starlitjones! You are one brave and loving lady. Some people would have decided otherwise and got 'rid' off the responsibility. Yes, I agree that having kids make one realize the value of life and responsibility. I am inspired by your story. Thanks for sharing. Best regards to your family. See yah!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting stories! Thanks for the thread, Ronsakcheng!
My first wifehood had been lasting for 2.5 years. I had divorced my husband because he took to the bottle. Being absolutely distressed I was nearly disappointed in love. That time I was a real workaholic! By the time of my divorce, I had become a department manager and worked hard to organize work process. It was interesting for me, but could not help with romantic life. I was unhappy but one day met my present husband. More than 3 years ago have passed. We have a son, he is 1.5. I love them very much. My husband and son make me happier, more sociable, gentle, but I miss the time when I was working. I really want to get back from maternity leave. I do love my son, but I cannot stay at home anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts