Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds had an allergic reaction to nuts so I grabbed him and hauled the kids off to the walk-in clinic. I grabbed the diaper bag I only use when its not raining.

We got in the examining room with me still totally stressed and I noticed this horrible smell. I mean horrific. I stick my hand in ds's diaper and it's dry.

The smell in the enclosed room kept building up. The doctor came in and looked at us funny. I couldn't figure out what smelled so bad.

I reached in for my keys and felt the wet bag with a used hemp diaper in it
- I have no idea how long it was there since I hadn't used that bag in awhile and it was in the closet with the kitchen trash- which I thought the trash was smelling up the closet.

How embarrassing!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
YUCK.....I had a yucky diaper that I had stuffed in a Bummis bag and then in the diaper bag. When we got home I was tired and just left the bag in the van. We did not go anywhere for a few days and dh went to get something out of the van. He came back in holding the diaper bag about 5 feet in front of him and told me there was something dead in there. I mean he REALLY thought there was something dead in that bag.

I recognized the smell right away, but it was bad.....having been in 100 temps for several days.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
lol, I've done the same thing! Actually, today I "found" a gross diaper in the wet bag from Sunday........and I put it in the pail, and then put a *brand new just got them in the mail today* Diaper Buddy in there, and the smell was gone instantly! I'd never used them before and have been impressed

Kristi

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It did wash out-whew. I figured it was in there only 3 days but was hemp from before I bleached my load and was skunk city. Usually I do remember to dump the dirty one but things have been really crazy around here and I forgot.

·
Registered
694 Posts
STinky but funny
When we used sposies, I left a pee one in the back of my SUV for a few days, without driving. When I did get back in...stink city. Probably smelled even worse than an old pee pee cloth dipe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.