Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are updating our will's and other paperwork. I want to go ahead and get a vax exemption (religious) for ds to include with it to hopefully prevent him from being vaxed if something happened to us (my sis would have custody and doesn't vax, but I want something from us in case there is any question of her not doing it). So, what does it take, exactly, to get an exemption? I live in Washington state, and on the back of the immunization form it has a box to check that says you don't want your child to have (and then you list the specific) vaxes and you sign it. Is that it or do I need something more "official"?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
You can write up an affidavit letter and have that notarised for the exemptions.Add in....exempted from current(and future) recommended vaccines.<br><br>
I am not sure how you can do the custody,but I have read that avoiding probate court is important. From what I read a will is just a document of your last *wishes*,and the judge who reveiws it can decline to follow any portion of the will.Also,other family members can contest the guardianship.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll write that up and get it notarized when we get our Will and other stuff notarized as well. Yeah, for custody I have a form that goes with our Will. Fortunately all of my family is on board with that, so I'm not too worried about anyone contesting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts