Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gained 11lbs this last month which takes me to a whooping 196 lbs... When I got pregnant I weighed 151 lbs and for an african american woman 5'5'' with 36D chest and I nice boo'tay I was fabulous... back then I could have lost some weight but maybe 20 to 30 lbs now its like 70lbs... I have never ever been this big before in mylife and I am afraid to see the aftermath...
I wanna workout so much but i just physically cannot... Sometimes driving makes me too tired...
Sooo... I guess after my son is born I'll start but I mean... What to do first? LOL....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have gained 40lbs so far. through my whole pregnancy I have worked out and maintained a fairly healthy diet. The past couple weeks however, I could careless. I want junk food and I eat it now- I would write more but DP is back with my cheese nachos
:

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Breast feed! That helps burn the pounds off. Then once you are at least 3-4 weeks post partum you can start walking.

I've heard of good results with weight watchers for nursing moms.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
VERY!

The weight is just adding itself on, and on, and on... runaway train! I think I'm at about +40 at 34 wks. YIKES! NOT what I had planned! But I have had a super-healthy comfortable pregnancy with no complications or anything, so I figure, it's just the way my body needs to operate. I've lost weight before just by switching to a super-healthy but well-fed diet, and I assume with BFing and stricter eating (yeah, the pregnant woman DID eat brownies with her DH last night, hello, she's pregnant!
) the weight will fly back off.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I think you are doing a little better than me
It sounds like my pre-pregnancy size was close to yours (except maybe an inch taller and a size smaller boobs) and at last appointment I weighed about 195 1/2...but my due date is not until April 26.

My friend (April baby last year!) gained around 60lbs and by the end of the Summer looked good, and by the beginning of Winter looked AMAZING - like she never had a baby...she walked a lot after the baby was born...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Unofficially, I have gained about 15 pounds with this baby...on TOP of the 30+ I never lost from the last baby. Which puts me at my heaviest weight ever, too. It's uncomfortable and I wonder if me "feeling" this pregnancy sooner than any of the others is because of the weight issue.

Nursing doesn't help me lose weight. In fact, I gain a couple more pounds after the baby is born and hang on to a nice layer of maternal fat until we wean. So I won't be seeing any of my (original) prepregnancy clothes for at least a year and a half, two years. If ever. Since everyone so kindly informs me that after 30, your metabolism slows down and its much harder to lose baby fat.
:

Anyway, I guess that wasn't uplifting, but definately I know what you're going through.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
My dear sweet beautiful April mamas you are not fat you are vessels for the future of humanity

Goddesses, all.
Couldn't agree more! I have no idea how much weight I've gained, but I'm chubby and loving it! I still eat (abundantly) healthy, but by now I've pretty much given up on my daily walk- due to energy and the weather. But I do have cute dimples in my thighs!
Last time I found it came off quickly, due to breastfeeding, a drop in appetite, loss of sleep and activity. I'm fine with that. I'm just enjoying my temporary bosom!
A

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have gained 36 at 32 weeks and I'm a bit bummed. I should be relieved that I had no MS in the beginning and therefore lost no weight at all I suppose.

What's hard for me is that before I got preg I had lost nearly 50 lbs and was nearly under 200, and now I'm 236 again when I was so close to my goal of 170. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's baby in there, and it's water weight, and it's placenta and all of that, and it will go away quickly once the baby comes and I start bfing.

I know how you feel though. The numbers climbing and climbing are kind of scary.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I weighed somewhere around 178 when I got pregnant. I'm not really that tall, but I think I wore my weight fairly well. Whenever I told my weight to someone, they would look at me in disbelief and say, "No way! You don't weigh that much!" (Okay, I guess I just had to throw that in there to make myself feel better
) Now.........
I weigh 228.
: 50 lbs sure is easy to pack on!....and still 5 weeks to go!
Sheesh.

·
Registered
914 Posts
At nearly 36 weeks, I've gained about 25 lbs, putting me at 145. I tend to gain really slowly until the last few weeks and then I pack it on, which I certainly seem to be doing again. I put on about 5 lbs in one week!

I think I'm getting the flu or something, though, which really bites. I don't want to lose weight through puking out both ends.....

I feel great and beautifully round, but I'm looking forward to actually using my body again after the baby. Breastfeeding, running and climbing will probably trim me down quickly, that is, if I actually do the running and climbing again like I'm hoping......

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I am another mom that packs it on towards the end and never loses any weight. I was at 28 lbs at 33 weeks. I have at healthy and exercised and mostly have felt better than ever. I guess the baby needs the fat. I wish I could say I am enjoying it, but I am not. I don't carry weight well, I am generally thin, but curvy, however with pregnancy somehow my back becomes so fat that it melds into my butt, so it is this great big flat line.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.