Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been given 2 pair of JJill pants, but they're just a little too short. I have a friend w/ a sewing machine , which I think she can use pretty well. The pants are such good quality, I would hate to waste them. Do you think she could hem them up into capri's pretty easily?? What do you think??

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Sure. All you need to do is press the hems up to the height you want; if she sews, she'll know to tuck the hem under to avoid raw edges, and then it's just a seam for each leg. Not hard at all!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Oh man, what a great idea! I have two pairs of pants which are too short & I was just gonna lengthen them. I've also been thinking, "Summer's coming - I'd like to buy some capris, or at least a capri pattern." Thanks for the new plan!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I did this with a couple of pairs of DD's pants she outgrew length-wise but they still fit otherwise. Super easy to do and it doesn't take very long at all to do. Plus you can customize them with trim and whatnot -- I finished off one pair with some lace and the other pair I put on some rick-rack and an iron-on applique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.