Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share the birth of my son with everyone interested.

My doctor decided he wanted to induce me. So he had me scheduled to be at the hospital on Sept 14. Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind. I didnt know what to expect.

So we get admitted into the hospital about 9 that morning. They have me on an IV by 10. And I had to take an inducing pill. That didnt seem to be working to well though. My doctor came in about 230 and decided to break my water. Might I add, that up until now, I had not felt ANY pains at all. That ended when he left the room. By 3, I had my husband going to get the nurse because I WAS IN PAIN. The anethsiologist came in and gave me my epidural (Works wonders by the way). That kicked in immediately. I got numb all over and NEVER felt another ounce of pain from on out. The doctor came back in around 8 that night. I had dialated to a seven and it was then that he told me that I would not be able to have my baby natural. I was devastated, scared, nervous..You name it. He said my bones were too small.

Well you know what that means..Yep you guessed it..C-Section. So they wheeled me into the surgery room. Of course, I was already numbed up so I felt absolutely NOTHING. The said I may feel a little tugging but I didnt even feel that. So all in all...It wasnt bad at all.

My baby boy arrived that night at 9:53 weighing 7 lbs and 13 oz and 19 inces long. He was very healthy. He scored 9.9 on Apgar, which is extremely good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Congratulations on your healthy babe! Welcome to MDC, you will find wonderful mamas on here and a great community.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats on the arrival of your little boy
:

Welcome to MDC, I have found this website to be extremely helpful when dealing with all my parenting needs. Hope you enjoy it!!!
I

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Congrats on your new little DS! Welcome to MDC!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts