Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's at 101.8 and I normally run in the 97s. I feel like crap, my chest and head are killing me. I've taken tylenol twice today. My entire body hurts. I don't even want to get up to pee. I can't believe I'm in front of the computer right now. Anyway, anyone know what the safe cut off is for temp?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I had the same crud last week and it was not fun at all! My OB office said they don't like for it to get get any higher than 100.4. If the Tylenol isn't helping to reduce the fever, I'd give them a call.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
about 2 hours after the last dose of tylenol, it dropped to 100.5 and has remained at that since about 1:00.... I think I'm going to call. Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally feeling better today. Calling was worthless. The nurse said it was fine long as the tylenol brought it below 101. It got to 103 so I called back the OB on call told me to take the tylenol every 4 hours. I asked how high was enough for me to go to the hospital, she said above 104, and told me to use icepacks and cold showers, cause that's all they'd do if I came in.
: I discovered how worthless calling in was last pregnancy when I had a UTI you'd think I would have expected the same crappy service...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't felt the baby move since being so sick, I was feeling him/her pretty consistantly before then. I'm going to try to get in today just to hear and make sure all is okay, but I don't know if they're even open at all this week. This sucks.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
there is nothing an OB can do but tell you to take more meds. fevers are a body's way of killiing germs so I oersonally think it's healthy to have a small fever. if it got above 101 , for baby's sake I would be taking motrin however. there is no studies against short/quick term use of motrin. just long term. tylenol is worthless against fevers, in my opinion.

first I would try cold wash cloths and other things like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.