Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been using the lactina they have here at work for us pumping moms and i really don't see a difference with the PIS-- if anything i've been pumping 1 to 2 oz less at each session.<br><br>
now, the lactina seems like such a simple mechanical system, i don't understand how it's supposed to be better than the PIS. all it is, is a piston and cylinder that are being pumped by a mechanical arm. the only difference between letting the pump do it, and doing it manually (same piston is used for manual expression) is that you can do both breasts at once with the pump.<br><br>
anyone see what i'm talking about?<br>
i just don't get it.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
The main difference is that the Lactina allows for multiple users, as the tubes and piston are separate from the motor eliminating any possibility of cross-contamination with someone else's body fluids (as long as you aren't sharing the pumping kit with other women). It is also made to last longer and supposedly holds up better under heavy usage.<br><br>
Even though I was exclusively pumping for my first baby, renting a Lactina was more economical than purchasing a PIS, as i only needed it three months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts