Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got my first BFP about a week and a half ago, at 11dpo, and we were over the moon. Unfortunately, yesterday I started bleeding. Apparently this was a chemical pregnancy, and we are really sad. It's amazing how quickly hopes and dreams develop, even so early in pregnancy.

We're eager to try again. I'm curious how long on average it takes for ovulation to happen again after early miscarriage. I was probably just shy of 5 weeks pregnant. Does that make it more likely that my cycle will return to normal fairly quickly?

Thanks for any insights!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're right hopes and dreams build quickly. IMO, you may very well have a normal cycle. You were so early on it may not screw up your cycle at all. (But, it also might, anything goes after a miscarriage.) I just miscarried at 14 weeks on May 12th and I think I ovulated June 2nd, which would be day 22, so if it's true, I don't think that's too bad. Here's my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c

Be good to yourself and take care.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm so sorry (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

I have ovulated two-three weeks post miscarriage and conceived on that O twice. My pregnancies were all in the second tri.

ETA: I've had two chemical pg's, my next cycles were totally normal.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I also returned to pretty normal cycles immediately, and I had a d&c at 14 weeks. My hormones were a bit off for a bit (night sweats, moodiness, and other quirks) but ovulation returned immediately.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'm new to this too, but my OB said to expect AF in 4-6 weeks. With an earlier miscarriage it should happen sooner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.