Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-- I am on my 3rd cycle since my loss in March. It looks like this cycle will be like my last one-- about 33 days. Last cycle I had EWCM until day 22, and this time until day 21. Does this mean my LP is only 11 days (o'ing on CD 22 of a 33 day cycle)? Or is it longer bc the EXCM lasted a day or two past ovulation?

Thanks,
Kate

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's hard to tell ovulation date just from EWCM, although it usually dries up straight after ovulation it may last a day or so longer. Are you also checking CP and temping? It's easier to see the date of ovulation from the full picture.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I am not temping or checking CP. I was able to get pregnant within 2 months for both of my pregnancies so I never did anything further.

My CM patterns seem so much more distinct after my miscarriage. If I assume the last day of EWCM was the day I ovulated, then my LP is on the short side (12 days). It should be longer than that, right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I heard that 10 days is the minimum for implantation and if it is 10 days or less to talk a doctor, so 12 is fine! Mine is currently only 10 so I am taking B6 to see if it helps make it longer but I conceived my daughter with the same cycle pattern so I am hoping to do the same again. Since I conceived her on the first try and first cycle I kept track of it is hard to compare. I think you're good though!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah I think 10 or 11 days is more or less the minimum, but don't give up hope if you seem on the short side (dont' forget with only CM to go on you could have EWCM after ovulating so you may have a longer LP). After I gave birth I had a long annovulatory cycle, followed by a crushing cycle with a 6 day LP. That was a blow, seriously I just thought it'd be months before my cycle came back to normal so it'd take ages just to get pregnant. Anyway the next cycle I got pregnant. So there are things you can do to improve your LP, but don't dispair it'll take ages to get back to 'normal', your body can literally just flick back suddenly. If you go down the supplements and vitamins route I'd only do that if you're temping so you can really see what your LP is, your cycle may have a long enough LP and you don't want to mess if there's no problems.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On CD 21 the EWCM was starting to get a bit stickier, so maybe I O'd on CD20, which would give me a longer LP. I'm still nursing my son (2) which I think must affect this all somehow. Anyways, I think I will resist temping for a few more months.

Kate

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
My EWCM always lasts for nearly up to a day after ovulation - but then dries up after that. I have never had it last longer after ovulation...ive had crazy CM for WEEKS before ovulation though! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.