Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that losing my mucus plug could mean I still have a few weeks but Im curious how long after you all lost yours that you went into labor..IM getting anxious! Also, any last min advice for a homebirth..anything I wouldnt think to have ready?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I lost a bit of it at 35 weeks and a little bit more last week (36 weeks). You can lose it in stages and it can replenish itself too if no other changes are taking place in the cervix. At this point I'm 36 wks 5 days and haven't lost any more of the plug. I'm 40% effaced (as of Friday) and my cervix is very soft, like butter my midwife said. So it varies from woman to woman. If you see bloody show or little pink in the plug, then you may have something there. I have yet to see any pink in the pieces that let out so far. It's just snotty and clear/white.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momoftworedheads View Post
Had my son about 36 hours later! All the best to you!

Jen
Me too, I lost mine at the beginning of a long labor!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallielynn01 View Post
same here

·
Registered
979 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallielynn01 View Post

same here!

Good luck! In terms of having things on hand for the HB--- food! food you'll want to eat in early labor, and food you'll want after. After my babe was born, I wanted comfort food! Think about what your comforts food are and have them on hand. I have never been so hungry in my life (that is, until now, when I'm nursing a big growing boy!)!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't remember with my first (she's 15) but with my second, I lost the plug in the morning (it was snotty and bloody) and my water broke at about 5pm. Contractions started pretty much immediately, and I had Ethan at 7:55pm!

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
With my first I'm pretty sure it was about 24-48 hours before she was born.

With the subsequent kiddos I lost lots of mucus plug for weeks before, likely went into labor pretty dilated already!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by happy_momma View Post
So I know that losing my mucus plug could mean I still have a few weeks but Im curious how long after you all lost yours that you went into labor..IM getting anxious! Also, any last min advice for a homebirth..anything I wouldnt think to have ready?
I went into labor around midnight, I lost the mucus plug around 4am, I had my LO almost 3 days later.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I went into labor less than 24 hours later. That's how the women in my family do it, apparently.

Home birth supplies - yeah, I had my birth kit but labor went so fast I didn't have time to get in the tub, listen to music, use scents. It was quick and dirty from the get-go. My advice is: relax and go with it. Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.