Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to find out so that DD is not sucking on alcohol boob (I have plenty of milk in the fridge for her - edited to make sure everyone knows it's breastmilk, not regular milk lol). I've had 6 hours of sleep since partaking, but DH has been up for 24 hours now (he took care of her for me last night) and so he went to bed,

I'm just wondering how long I should keep her from the boob (I am pumping still) in order to keep her from getting stuff she doesn't need.

Thanks for info

·
Registered
11,838 Posts
Alcohol leaves your milk a about the same rate as the bloodstream. It also has a smilar amount of alcohol content, so even if you were over the legal limit at .08, that means your milk has .08% alcohol in it, which is not much, imo. If you've had six hours sleep, you would most likely be fine. The general rule is if you are okay to drive, you are okay to nurse. Pumping is not necsssary.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I just really didn't know and didn't want to put DD in any harm because I didn't have the info either. I just pump if I drink alcohol because I don't want my supply to drop and I don't want to end up with boobs as hard as rocks.

Thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts