Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are our sleeping arrangements right now. I sleep in one room with our dd (17months) while DH sleeps with ds (4) because he often wakes up in the middle of the night frantic. He also has night terrors. How long do you think co-sleeping is a good idea?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
DH and I decided we would co-sleep with our children until they decide they would like to sleep in their own beds. My SIL kids did that and they moved into their own beds in kindergarten.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'll be honest, I look forward to getting her in her own room. I cherish sleeping with her, love seeing her smile and hearing her babble when the alarm clock goes off, but... Its just not something I want to do for too long. That's just me. I long for deeper sleep and more sex and having that space back. But I'm patient.<br><br>
She wakes hourly when in the crib (like clockwork!) and every about 2-4 hours when sleeping with me. midnight to 4:30 is the best I've ever gotten, but only if she's in the family bed. She's a 7 mo only child, so I'm not in a hurry, but for bedtime routine, I put her in her crib to start the night (gives me and dh some time, and the tv's in our room and I don't want her watching it). I'm hoping that when she starts to sleep longer, she'll stay in her room longer.<br><br>
But like I said, I do enjoy co sleeping and it's really the only way to actually sleep right now. She'll always (well for several years anyway) be welcome in our bed if she needs us.<br><br>
Julie

·
Registered
870 Posts
We're planning to co-sleep until DS and the baby-to-be ask for their own sleeping spaces, but DH and I have will have to get a bigger bed regardless...<br><br>
DS (14 mo) has recently decided that he will only sleep diagonally across the queen-size bed we all share, taking up more room than one might even think is possible for a kid his size... DH laughed at me thismorning when DS and I had a chat about sharing bed space nicely and being considerate citizens of our family bed...<br><br>
If we have many more of these little bed hogs, we'll have to eschew bedroom furniture in favor of wall-to-wall matresses or something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts