Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>With both of my births I bled a full 5-6 weeks. Most of that time I bleed pretty heavily, like heavy and medium days of my period. It's such a drag (especially since my cycle resumes at 6 weeks postpartum every time :irked).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So how long did you bleed heavily, how long overall?</p>

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
<p>I bled for 2-3 ish months (the first 6-8 weeks were like a medium to heavy period and then it was like a light to really light period) and then had one month off before starting my period again... no nursing as birth control for me!</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>super heavy for 3 days (passed a piece of membrane and it decreased after that), heavy for 2 weeks, medium until 4 weeks, light until 6 weeks. </p>

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
<p>a few days heavily - all together about 2w if i take care of myself and rest. much longer if i don't. </p>

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
<p>I don't think it was ever heavy.  Last birth I had medium for a day, light for a day and spotting the third day and then nothing.  The birth before that I think I had light bleeding for 5 days.  </p>

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
<p>Very heavy for the first week, heavy-ish for another couple of weeks and light for another 2.  Total of 5 weeks of PP bleeding.  Then 3 weeks break and hurrray for my first PP AF at 8 weeks :eyesroll :irked  At least it didn't come back at 6 weeks PP which it did with DD1 - with which I also had just about 5 weeks of PP bleeding.</p>

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
<p>I wonder if it's linked to what your periods are like?  I usually have heavy, long periods on a relatively short cycle.  Like, lasting 7-8 days every 23-24 days.  </p>

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
<p>it lightened up pretty quick, but I had spotting on and off for almost 10 weeks!  I took Shepherd's purse near the end.  Not sure if that stopped it or it was gone on it's own already</p>

·
Registered
180 Posts
<p>Six weeks, and I thought it would never end!</p>

·
Registered
134 Posts
<p>With my son, when labor was induced with pitocin, I received an epidural, and was given an episiotomy after an hour of pushing, I bled for weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With my daughter, who was born at home, even though I had retained placenta that we didn't get worked out for 8 days, and I tore a bit, I only bled for 3 days. It was insane!</p>
<p>BUT, after 3 days I decided to venture downstairs and became a little more active, and then I started bleeding again lightly.</p>

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
<p>With my 1st, it felt like I bled forever. I think it was about 6 weeks really. My next 3 babies, I hardly bled. I had 2-3 days of bleeding, then about a week of spotting, then nothing unless I overdid it for a couple weeks. My last birth I bled for about a week and spotted for a week and that was pretty much it.</p>

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
<p>My first I bled heavily for a few weeks - maybe 3? - then lightly for another 3, so 6 altogether. Natural home water birth.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My second I bled for 8 days. Huge bag of pit in the hospital after delivery just to "be on the safe side". Natural car birth in the hospital parking lot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No tearing either time.</p>

·
Registered
211 Posts
<p>For #1 it was 6 weeks, but only heavy for about 1.5 weeks. With #2 I bled for about 4.5 weeks, but only heavy for about 1 week.</p>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts