Votes: 3 6.7%
  • More than six months

Votes: 32 71.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really curious about this as I did not leak much at all, but my girlfriend is still leaking at night with a six-month-old. I recently told a pregnant mom the leaking stops in 4-6 weeks, but maybe I was wrong. By leaking, I mean night or day, not just a drop, but enough that you wanted to wear breast pads to be safe.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I still leak...and dd is 32 months.

If I am away from her for more than about 4 hours I will leak, although its not as much as it used to be.

I used to wear double pads and a tank top over a two ply nursing bra and it still leaked through.

I have always had alot of milk
Mostly I would and will leak while nursing when one breast lets down the other does too! But now I find I am leaking for emotional reasons. I got excited about holidays the other day and leaked out of both breasts. Go figure.

Never had mastisis, plugged ducts or any infection tho...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i wore nursing pads for about 8-10 months. I still leak at night sometimes (18months) and when I do leak it is a lot!

Thanks for starting this thread, btw.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Dd2 bfed for 16 months - I leaked until about 2 months AFTER she weaned! Dd3 is 7 months old and I leak every time she nurses. When one side lets down, so does the other. I have to press something over the other boob to keep it from leaking all over the place. So frustrating!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I voted > 6 mos, but actually only 1 side leaks, and in the last month it has really almost stopped (dd is almost 13 mos.) I hate to wear breast pads, so have relied on pressing against the left breast that leaks when I start to nurse on the other side, or if I letdown unexpectedly. That works fairly well. I have no idea why only the left leaks, especially since the right side has always produced more milk.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I overproduced in a big way because I pumped like a mad woman when dd was 1st born and in the NICU. I leaked copiously for the first year atleast.... I had to sleep with towels. I had to wear doubled up nursing pads. If I nursed sitting up topless I would have to hold a cloth diaper to my other breast and I would soak the entire thing.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I leak like crazy, did with DD and now do with DS. It has settled down a little at nite, I was putting down a towel on the bed and changing it and my shirt each time (2-3 times) DS woke to eat. I still soak a diaper with the side I'm not nursing on, and when I don't wear a bra I soak my shirt. We have bra pads all over the house :LOL DD uses them for coasters and small plates with her tea set.

It's nice to know other people leak a lot too. I keep meeting people who didn't leak at all, and was starting to feel like a freak.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I leaked constantly until about 6 weeks ago (dd is now 7 months) Now I only leak if we go more than 3 hours or so without a major nursing session, or if dd starts crying (hearing her cry sets off my let-down reflex...)

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I have OAL (overactice letdown) and would spray across the room until she was about 6 months old.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
still wear breastpads every day at 12 mos, and use a flannelette square at night to stuff in one side of my bra when ds nurses on the other side, sometimes it's soaked by morning, sometimes not - always have big supply

1 - 17 of 17 Posts