Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide if I should get size 1s or size 2s for Zach? The size 1s fit very well right now. I am on the second in snap on one side and third snap in on the other. He weighs about 15lbs and is almost 8 months old.

So at what size did everyone upgrade to the next size?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Jack is 6 months old and about 15 pounds. He is on almost the tightest snap so I am sticking w/ size 1's for him. My DD is 19 months and 26 pounds and almost on the tighest snap of the size 2's. Could you get half size 1's and half size 2's so you have some around when he grows out of the 1's?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Ronan was 18 lbs at nine months, and our size ones were done. We were experiencing major plumber butt, and it was a struggle to get them around his thighs. Also, they weren't as absorbant as larger fitteds (like LHC) that I'd gotten.

Alas, I haven't been able to snag any twos, so I can't say how they compare...

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have two size 1s and two size 2s right now. And a whole bunch on the way in size 2. The size 2s seem so much bigger than the size 1s. But I would hate to invest in 9 more size 1s only to have to shelf them in a few months.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just tried my size 2 FCB on Brodie. He is 4 1/2 months and 16 1/2 pounds. It was a tiny bit big, but could work. When my number comes up, I will be ordering all size 2.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had actually looked at the gallery pics. And I decided that each size, each style can fit any sized baby.

The size 1 fits perfectly right now. And I just tried a LC size 1 and it fit pretty nice, too. They are more trim than the size 2. I imagine that I would get my $$ worth if I bought the size 2s. And extra absorbancy is always a good thing, especially when you go coverless as much as we do. I would be able to use them through potty learning of both boys, and it isn't as if I don't have any trim diapers.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My 3 1/2 month old, 19 pounder fits well in his size 1, on the second loosest snaps, I think. Maybe it's second loosest in the thighs and second tightest in the waist. The rise is just right. We've got a sz 2 I haven't tried yet, but I bet he'd fit into it.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I was looking through the pictures and from what I see, it looks like depending on your babies shape, the Size 1 Diaper fits up to 20-23lbs! Braedons on the middle snaps on a Size 1, the last snaps are too tight and the middle works but I could prolly go a tad tighter! Braedon is 18lbs even!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
My 9 month old 22 lbs little guy fits in a size 1 cover on the loosest setting with a trifolded infant prefold (but it won't fit for more than another pound or two), and the size 2 covers work with a premium prefold snappi'ed on the tightest fitting for him right now. HTH's

·
Registered
524 Posts
My son is 24 lbs and *ponder* I think 30 inches long and he can wear the size 1 on the last snap setting and the size 2's on the second snap setting. I don't put the size one on him unless I forgot to do laundry and we're on the last few diapers, but they aren't too snug, just rather bikini looking.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I just sold my size 1s and Zane is 4 months. I have a little thing though about being on the loosest snap. It keeps me awake at night, nervous that the diaper won't fit in the morning, lol. We are wearing size 2 FCB now and I like the way they fit. He must be close to 20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hm, Aubrey is almost 14m, almost 20 lbs and on the second top snap, the third bottom snap on one side and the tightest top and second bottom on the other side. We are loving the 1s! We have 2s as well but use them more for night since at her size they don't seem as trim.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm still stuck. The 1s fit so nicely. The downside is that I wouldn't be able to use them as long as if I buy more size 2s. BUT, I am very worried about the resale value. With everybody having custom slots, what kind of market will there be for resale diapers?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
I'm still stuck. The 1s fit so nicely. The downside is that I wouldn't be able to use them as long as if I buy more size 2s. BUT, I am very worried about the resale value. With everybody having custom slots, what kind of market will there be for resale diapers?
I don't have any insight on the size 1's b/c my DS never wore them

But I do regarding the resale of the dipes! Do you think everyone that who wants or will want FCB/LC for their current or upcoming babies was able to get onto the wait list
?

I don't think they did b/c the cart crashed rather early
I know that if/when I have another I will need size 1's and I don't have a one~people will always want to buy used too IMO~some just want to save a few bucks, etc. Just my $.02 cents

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Keep in mind that your babies may slim down once they enter toddlerhood. Owen could probably still wear a size 1 (it may be rather short in the rise), as he's on the tightest setting on the size 2 and there's still room. But...we sized up to size 2 back when he was about 9 months old. He's slimmed down a ton since then--he's 18 months now.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
Sorry about the short answer last time.. I was short on time.
Well you know, El Bee has been doing customs for a while now and the resale is still out of this world great! I've noticed the market for size 2's to be a bit better than size 1's because I think more people use them. Personally, if it were me I'd get half size 1's and half size 2's. I'd enjoy the size 1's for a while and then sell them for size 2's (someone is always willing to trade - mom just found out she's pg, older baby is potty training but younger baby needs more diapers, etc.).

But I say all of that because I love the trim diapers.. I have a hard time enjoying bulky diapers because we spend so much time coverless! Personally I've been building my size 1 stash (Little Cabooses) by doing trades and buying used and instock. On my custom I plan to get all size 2's. Due to my trading, buying used and the little I could get instock I now have 12 size 1 Little Cabooses. As soon as my order comes up (I'm #9 from the last morning stocking) I'll be getting a dozen size 2's.

I'm not sure if I've helped at all but I thought I'd weigh in with my own thoughts and reasoning in Jennifer-land! :LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.