Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're about to move, and in looking for new places to get pastured eggs, I'm thinking that it may be a longer drive than it is now. So I'm hoping to buy more at once and keep them in the refrigerator for a while.

How long you are comfortable keeping eggs (uncooked) in the frig? Are there any guidelines out there? TIA.

· Premium Member
14,037 Posts
I don't refrigerate mine (storebought, so already older than pastured), and keep them for up to about 6 weeks sometimes.

Growing up, we'd have a case at a time, and it was never refrigerated.

· Registered
5,997 Posts
I used to make a 1x a month trip for good eggs, sometimes that would stretch to 2 months. My friend who I bought them from said her g-pa ate them 4 mo old. I know to make hard boiled eggs she says they really need to be 2weeks old or more. nak....

· Registered
124 Posts
We've had chickens most of my life and you can easily go a month w/o worrying about spoilage.

· Registered
599 Posts
If they're older, I do the water test: fill a glass with water, drop the egg in, if it floats don't use it. If it stays down on the bottom of the glass (in any position), then I use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.