Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, do you change your wool cover every diaper change?

Do you let it air out once a day (as long as no blow-outs)?

Do you let it air out only when it becomes wet and smelly?

I'm asking for the purpose of knitted soakers- DD wears CPF's snappied underneath her covers, and is changed frequently... Just curious how others handle it!

TIA

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I switch to a different soaker/shorts at each change. DS is a fairly heavy wetter and the wool is usually a little damp at every diaper change. So, I end up switching between 2 or 3 soakers a day.

Although, if we were out and I only had one pair of shorts with me AND they weren't really damp I'd reuse them for another change and not think twice about it! Just depends on the situation.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I just change it every with every diaper... I've got enough wool so they need to be useful :LOL

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I change the cover for every wet diaper. If he only pooped (and none got on the cover of course :LOL ) I use the same one. The exception is out in public, unless the soaker/shorts are *wet* and not just a little damp (which has never happened) I reuse them. I figure since there is not really a way to air damp wool when you're out and about you might as well reuse them.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I rotate throughout the day. DS won't wear knitted wool anymore but it's pretty much the same with covers. I alternate between 2 and how every many match his outfit for the day. I'm really OCD about his :LOL. I canNOT have just one woolie goodie to match a shirt, I have to have at least 2, otherwise I am beside myself while one is airing out. We go coverless quite a bit at home though.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Only if it's damp. So it probably depends on how often I'm changing ds. After a nap it's usually do damp to re-use, but when he's awake and changed often, I can use the same one all day. DH gets tired of wool laying around the bedroom airing out...oh well.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I only change if damp. My mom, on the other hand, is a freak and thinks she feels dampness ALL the time, and then I find my beloved wool in the regular diaper laundry. I need to stop putting Jenna in wool when she comes over!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input everyone

DD is a light wetter and is changed frequently, so hopefully I'll get full day usage out of my wool. I was hoping to make outfits with it, and I'd hate to change her outfit all day, so I'll just have to be extra sure to change her CPF underneath frequently so it won't get damp and then I'll be set to show off all day :LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts