Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS1 was diagnosed with gluten, soy, dairy, chocolate and grape allergies about 2 months ago and has been off them completely since then. He improved so much and was doing great. Sleeping well, better temperment, normal poop, no dark circles etc.<br><br>
This past Saturday my husband gave him a gluten-containing cereal. I was taking care of the baby so didn't find out until DS1 was having the last spoonful of a full bowl. I know my husband feels terribly and it was an accident (although a very avoidable accident if he had been paying attention).<br><br>
Since then DS1 has gone backwards. He stopped napping, he's so cranky, dark circles and has had diarrhea every day. I feel bad for my little boy feeling this way and also for me because his behavior is really starting to get to me with the other stress I've been under.<br><br>
Any experience with one step backward and how long it could take to go back to how he was?

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Gluten can take a month to get out of your system, but it could be sooner. Do you have any bentonite clay? That can be used to "sop up" the allergens. When we were traveling and DS got something contaminated (reacted within a half hour of eating a 100% beef hamburger patty -- must have been the grill). He reacted horribly that night - screaming and thrashing all night long. He usually has a 4 day reaction to milk (which is what I was thinking it was), and a 10 day reaction to soy. I gave him some bentonite clay the second night that I had just picked up that day at a Whole Foods because I remembered someone said it was good for something. And I was hoping it would at least lessen it. It apparently stopped it in its tracks. He only reacted that very first night.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
With my DS, he's 9yo, I gave him 1 Tbs. mixed in with an 8 oz. glass of water and told him to drink it if he wanted to get better. The one I got was Great Plains bentonite detox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts