Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eliminating dairy and eggs worked wonders, but there's at least one remaining culprit. It seems to me it takes about 12 hours. Does anyone have any scientific or anecdotal evidence for how long?

TIA!

· Registered
2,569 Posts
It's actually different for every person which is why the food/symptom journaling works so well - you just have to figure out "how long" for yourself since there is no standard for every mama.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
My DS was exactly 24 hours after I ingested it, then he would react for the next 72 hours. But that's just me (and him) as far as I can tell.

· Registered
28 Posts
For us DS reacts within 24 hours of me eating something that bothers him. He would react for the next 2-3 days. Our symptoms are gastro-intestinal.
Have you tried eliminating soy? I think about 50 % percent of children reacting to dairy also have trouble with soy (that's the case with both of my children). Some children are ok with soy lecithin and soybean oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.