Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long is this MS going to last my tummy hurts so bad every morning but i never get sick just hurts really bad almost like if you haven't eaten in a long time but i have been trying to eat as much as i can sometimes it isnt much yesterday i have 2 small slice of ham and some mashed taters and i just ate some ritz and a dr peeper to get some sugar in my blood im hypoglycemic =-( so i cant not drink a coke or so a day and the caffeine free is nasty my doc told me 1 coke or dr pepper a day is ok ugh i just want it to be gone ive NEVER had this with my 2 boys lets just hope its a girl and thats why im so sick!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm hypoglycemic, too. I've found sugar isn't helpful to me at all, because the increase in blood sugar doesn't last. I do a lot better with complex carbs (whole grains and veggies) and lots of protein. I have found that if I'm getting enough protein, I don't feel nearly as sick. When I'm eating mostly starchy/simple carbs I feel a lot worse.

Also, nibbling all day works much better for me than trying to maintain regular mealtimes.

I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
thanks im just praying that this is all bc its a baby girl in there!
It will get better.
I once did not feel nauseous for 2 days in a row and it really worried me at that point - I even posted here and asked. Since then, the pain of vomiting is always accompanied with a bit of comfort as well. But I know how annoying it can get - I just can't stand the queasiness and the bitter taste anymore.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Until my OB gave me zofram last week I was sick nearly every minute of every day. It was awful. The zofram is a godsend; if you don't mind medications I would get some ASAP.

It's also really helped me to do the grazing thing. I can't eat too much at one sitting, but I also can't let myself get hungry cuz that's when I feel the sickest.

Hopefully just a few more weeks of this!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Aww, mama! It doesn't last forever! And it's totally worth it in the end! I have been feeling sick all the time too, but today I haven't really had it at all, so I'm thinking it's going away (I'm 11 weeks now) Don't worry, it gets better.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I know how you feel. I haven't had ms in the normal sense, as in I haven't actually been sick, but I have this uneasy feeling in my stomach that starts late in the morning and lasts the rest of the day. It feels like I'm hungry, but if I take a few bites of something then I get a stomach ache like I've eaten too much. My prenatals make it worse, too. I'm starting to do the grazing thing and it does help a bit. Hopefully it will ease up soon. Hang in there!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just ate and now its like i have a bowling ball in my tummy and my tummy is on fire GRRR and im so bitchy i cant stop bitching at my dh and we r not speaking right now bc of it grr heh to think i prayed for this everyday for 9months lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
Until my OB gave me zofram last week I was sick nearly every minute of every day. It was awful. The zofram is a godsend; if you don't mind medications I would get some ASAP.

It's also really helped me to do the grazing thing. I can't eat too much at one sitting, but I also can't let myself get hungry cuz that's when I feel the sickest.

Hopefully just a few more weeks of this!!!
thank goodness for zofran ODT!!! I practically lived on it my last two pregnancies. look out though, it can cause nasty constipation in some folks. (don't ask my how I know; my bottom still hurts). The brand is better than the generic if you can get your hands on it. It dissolves to a liquid you barely have to swallow whereas the generic dissolves to a powder that I can gag on if I'm having a really bad day.

And I do have to graze. protein protein protein

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've had two weeks of it too, and it's not fun. I'll feel hungry, but the idea of eating and then actually eating makes me feel worse. Blah, I can't wait for it to pass. It's especially hard to be around food...and DH and I run a restaurant.

ETA: what kinds of food are you all eating for protein? I can't bear eggs or any meat, what else should I try?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jess152 View Post
ETA: what kinds of food are you all eating for protein? I can't bear eggs or any meat, what else should I try?
You can try beans or Tofu.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i eat mostly nothing the smell of 90% of foods makes me sick to my tummy today im having a roast beef sandwich bc its the only thing that sounds half was good i know its fatty and fast food but i need to eat and its the only thing i can =-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.