Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this - DS is 13 months and I've just heard about EC. I've started sitting him on the potty 4 or 5 times a day after drinks or meals and when I catch him pooing. So far in just one weeks time he's peed once and pooed 4 times on the potty. I blow bubbles, give him special toys, etc. to keep him occupied. He seems OK with sitting on the potty - doesn't love it, but doesn't complain too much.<br><br>
My question is, when he has pooed and peed on the potty, he doesn't seem to know it is happening. Am I distracting him too much? I point it out to him and get excited. Is there something else I should be doing to build his awareness? I will be switching him to cloth training pants during the day as soon as I get them. How long did it take your babes to become aware of what they were doing on the potty?

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
i'm not sure what kind of awareness you want him to have.<br><br>
he is used to eliminating while on the go--anywhere he wants--due to the diaper. i'm certain that he's aware that he is eliminating.<br><br>
the difference is, now you are putting importance as to where. he doesnt really care where (and neither does my son who has been ECed from 1-2 weeks old onwards). he goes, that's the end of the story.<br><br>
so, it will probably take him a while to figure out that he prefers going away from his clothes than in his clothes. i don't know how long, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts