Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it normally take to get df back? With my first I got it at 15 months, after she'd been in full time daycare a few months. I get the sense from other moms that that was on the late side.

So with on-demand breastfeeding, what's the normal range?

(I'm mainly trying to figure out if my mood swings are PMS. I have an 11 month old.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Every woman's body is so TOTALLY different. I have friends that did on-demand breastfeeding and got theirs back after 6 weeks, 2 mos & 4 mos. I didn't get mine until DS was almost 12 months.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
18 months for me.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
12 months for me the first time and 17 months the second.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I was supplementing and didn't get mine back until he stopped breastfeeding entirely, even though for the last couple of months he only nursed once or twice a day.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
babe's 10 months now. I *think* about two nights ago I ovulated -- or else I had some other unexplained pain in my abdomen right near my ovary
But no af yet.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
the average (around the world) is 14 months pp with full time, on demand bf (and no pacifiers.) They say you usually get af before your ovulate, but it's thought that the longer it is the less likely that is to happen. I got pregnant with dd without ever having af.

my fertility came back at 17 months first time, and 16 the second time (with a more well established bf relationship, too!) I'm worried that it may keep droping like that. No more babies sound better all the time. lol.

hth

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
8.5 months (so just last weekend...) but I have my diva cup so it's all

love and peace.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom
what is df? i know what af stands for, but not this one
I think she meant af.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
11 mo for me here. I noticed discomfort while bfing and suspected it was af and....yes it was.
Dh said I had a good run..I guess I did. On demand bfing, nursing at night, and with a pacifier. Now if I can just deal with the uncomfortable nursing while ovulating. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Assuming the OP meant 'af', as in menstruation, I got it back right after my DD's first birthday. Still nursing constantly. I thought it was a fluke but I got it again 39 days later and from my "fertility signs" I think I will be getting it again soon.

I was kind of depressed to see AF back, and surprised, since I have PCOS and I nurse so much - I thought that would be a double hormonal whammy keeping my cycles from starting. Guess not!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oops, I meant af, not df. I get my acronyms confused. Thanks for all the feedback. Maybe my emotions are just from being unemployed.

Waiting to get af back, I keep wondereing if I'm PG again. Kind've a waste of money on OTC PG tests!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lunar forest
the average (around the world) is 14 months pp with full time, on demand bf (and no pacifiers.) They say you usually get af before your ovulate, but it's thought that the longer it is the less likely that is to happen. I got pregnant with dd without ever having af.

my fertility came back at 17 months first time, and 16 the second time (with a more well established bf relationship, too!) I'm worried that it may keep droping like that. No more babies sound better all the time. lol.

hth
Check you out with the hard data! Thanks!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts