Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone broke their ankle recently? I got a hairline fracuture of a bone in my ankle, left foot, outside. I know that the older you are the longer it may take to heal. With skiing season beginning this weekend in our area (CT/NY) I'm a bit bummed that my season passes would be used for a while. I have a walking cast on and on day two it hurts to put pressure on my foot.<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Shane

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
I sprained my ankle badly 2 years ago, and it recently started hurting again. I'd keep pressure off it if you can. I sometimes still brace mine.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
I have a foot fracture. I went over on my ankle & it pulled a couple of pieces of bone out on top & the side of my foot. It is not casted as there is nothing they can do for it. It isn't bad enough for surgery(TG). I was supposed to rest it as much as possible for 6 weeks, then no vigorous activity for 2-3 months as the risk of re-injuring it is high. It is okay if I play basketball with my girls team as long as I don't overdo it. I've done it twice for about 30minutes & both times my foot was extremely sore the next day & the healing regresses.<br><br>
I did it 8 weeks ago. I cannot bend my toes all the way, I cannot bend my foot all the way. Feb is when I can get back to my regular workout exercises. However I'm also thinking of going in for some physio on it before that.<br><br>
Since yours is in the actual ankle & you have a cast, I'd honestly say skiing is out for your for the entire season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts