Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an Amby Bed for my 3.5 month old. We co-sleep, but this would be for his naps. I just returned to work, and I would just wear him, but my husband wants to put him down, and he wakens without fail. Would the Amby bed be good for keeping him asleep? Until what age were you able to use yours? Do you think it's worth buying one when he's already 3.5 months old?<br><br>
I have found one used that comes with the jumpy attachment, so it usable for that.<br><br>
Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
A friend bought one at 6 months--she wasn't sure how long she would use it, but saw that they have great re-sale value, so felt good about the purchase. Something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I started using one with DS2 when he was 4 months old and became too light/noise sensitive to continue napping in the sling. I wanted something though that would still move and would fit snugly around him similar to sleeping in a sling. (Like you, we continued to co-sleep at night and he just napped in the Amby bed.) The Amby bed worked well for us. I would nurse him down in the sling and then would put him, sling and all, into the bed.<br><br>
He continued to use it through his first birthday (although he is a peanut). Then, we went on vacation without it and I realized that he could nap just fine in a regular bed.<br><br>
By the way, if it works for you to just wear him while he sleeps, that's a wonderful option too. Perhaps you can just educate your husband about the advantages of baby wearing?

·
Registered
359 Posts
we used ours from 3-9 mos (at that point, ds was able to roll himself over in it and flip backwards to flip out of it-- it was no longer safe to leave him in there alone.) it was the best money we ever spent as it gave me a little time each day, before that (and after) he would only nap on me. he would sleep for 2 hours in there alone- i didn't put him in it asleep, but he would fall asleep as i gently bounced him.<br><br>
i love the amby bed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts