• 4 - 5 years

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 5+ years

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I conceived on my fifteenth cycle of TTC, although there were some cycles in there where I didn't have a donor or things fell through. It felt like forever at the time, and tbh, I was planning on reluctantly conceding after this cycle if it didn't work, but it did. In retrospect, that's not very long for an over 40 using very low-tech insemination metods.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
We had an unplanned loss in August and have been trying since, with two more losses in the middle.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Umm, it seems 1st cycle (!!) for this one. But that's coming off the heels of a miscarriage-- that one took 4 cycles. My doc told me that women are more fertile immediately following a MC-- don't know if it's true or if she was just trying to make me feel better or what.

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
I've heard the same thing. My mom got pregnant with me immediately following a miscarriage, and I know a lot of other women to whom that's happened.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Umm, it seems 1st cycle (!!) for this one. But that's coming off the heels of a miscarriage-- that one took 4 cycles. My doc told me that women are more fertile immediately following a MC-- don't know if it's true or if she was just trying to make me feel better or what.
I concieved my twins right after a miscarrige. Miscarrige right before is actually one of the "risk" factors for twins (only one I had)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Quote:

That's how I became pregnant with dd, just one flow after a miscarriage and we were pregnant. I think my body was just ready...

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
We were semi-TTC for about 2-3 cycles. We knew we wanted our kids close-spaced, at least these first two, so that we'd have a couple at least pre-schoolage before I finish school and have to WOH for a while.

But we weren't charting or anything bc I was ambivalent about TTC since my health wasn't great and I was sick most of the winter. Now that it happened though I feel pretty good and am confident everything will be fine. Well, except for the usual first tri worries.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Quote:

One of the reasons for this is because you're progesterone levels are still elevated from the previous pregnancy, so it gives the new pg a better chance at sticking.

We were on our 3rd cycle TTC but the timing of the first two wasn't that great. I'm a surrogate and we were using home inseminations (and if you're thinking of Chirstie Ally and the turkey baster you're not far off, lol!)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
One of the reasons for this is because you're progesterone levels are still elevated from the previous pregnancy, so it gives the new pg a better chance at sticking.

We were on our 3rd cycle TTC but the timing of the first two wasn't that great. I'm a surrogate and we were using home inseminations (and if you're thinking of Chirstie Ally and the turkey baster you're not far off, lol!)
Wow, you guys are giving me hope that this one might actually stick!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
I'm a surrogate and we were using home inseminations (and if you're thinking of Chirstie Ally and the turkey baster you're not far off, lol!)
That's how I conceived too, only I swear by the Instead Cup method because you can get up and move around without any of the "liquid gold" falling out.

It's nice to have someone else here who understands such matters.

·
Registered
663 Posts
In the past I've had a lot of trouble getting pregnant. I have some kind of hormone disorder that they don't know anything about. The RE said that my hormone levels were way off, but didn't fit any known condition. For instance,
my basal body temp is 95/96 degrees farenheight.

I think that what's happened this time is that because I'm old and my cycles are going to stop soon I've been throwing out a lot of eggs. This has brought up my hormone levels, and made me temporarily fertile.

This one is a big surprise!

Kiley

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
ABout three monthes but timing never worked out so I was not expecting it and this month I decied to wait a few monthes so ds1 and future dc don't have the same birthday. My cycle is the same as it was before ds sooo.. i was SHOCKED the first month we did not 'try' was the month

·
Registered
570 Posts
So had agreed to trying the next cycle but then he suprised me one night ... so I voted first cycle even tho he reckons he wasn't ttc and I didn't know we were! Just feel incredibly lucky since it took him so long to agree!! I was really bad at the 2WW, compared to my patience while I waited for him to come around LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.