Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD has an ear infection. We waited it out for a few days but it wasn't improving, so we started giving her the antibiotics yesterday. I gave her some acidophilus in a 2 oz bottle of EBM yesterday and today and she seems fine. She goes to daycare during the week and I know they won't add acidophilus to her bottles without a doctor's note since it's technically off-label due to her age. Can I add it to her bottle in the morning, or will it go inactive or make the milk go bad by the time she drinks it? She's not really eating solids yet so I can't add it to food and I'd much prefer to nurse her than give her another bottle at home in the evenings to get it into her system.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don;t know for sure...Does the day care refrigerate the bottle and then warm it up before dc drinks it? If that's the case I think the warming process would destroy the acidophilus. If the bottle stays at room temp once the acidophilus is added, then I think it would be okay. My jar of baby probiotics (I use Udo's Choice) says it's designed to be added to liquids after they're warmed.

But they other option you have is to just put some of the powder on your wet finger and let your babe suck on it. If you did that in the morning before you left and a few times in the evening, that might cover you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.