Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a club last night to hang out with some friends I havent seen in a while. Just wondering, how loud is too loud for the baby? I was so paranoid the whole evening thinking about if it would be too loud for the LO, since sound travels faster through fluid and all.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I was worried about this as well when we were given the opportunity to go to an Indy race. When I asked my OB about it, he said the baby would be fine but I should wear ear plugs.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100 decibels? WOW! I looked that up, it is pretty loud!

So even the bass is ok? I know I can feel it vibrate around me sometimes..

Thanks for all the imput. At least I don't feel so bad about going anymore

·
Registered
413 Posts
I went to a John Melloncamp concert 2 weeks ago and my midwife said that would be fine

·
Registered
784 Posts
I learned all about limitations last pregnancy because my husband is a DJ. I was worried and studied up on it. Luckily your uterus is like a sound buffer, and your heartbeat, bowl sounds and blood flowing is like fetal white noise. Unless the sound is directed right into your nelly, you will be fine. Just don't put your belly up to any speakers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am the mother of a child. I do not recommend taking your child to discos. I bought a special sound level meter for children. I checked the volume at concerts and parties.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to a club last night to hang out with some friends I havent seen in a while. Just wondering, how loud is too loud for the baby? I was so paranoid the whole evening thinking about if it would be too loud for the LO, since sound travels faster through fluid and all.
Wow. I'd rather not take the kids to concerts. My son has hearing problems due to music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, My three-year-old son has started showing symptoms of hearing loss, since he loves to watch cartoons and other shows at a very high volume. We started noticing as he began asking us to repeat whatever we said to him. My spouse recommended that we take him to a nearby clinic for a hearing test.The appointment for next week has been arranged. I have been told by a health worker that, for children, the noise is reduced to 70 decibels. Depending upon the amount of noise and the length of time your child is exposed to it, loud noises can trigger noise-induced hearing loss in your child. So we are a little worried about our son's hearing and waiting to consult the doctor soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts