Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own:
- 1 large flat cookie tray (no sides)
- 1 silicon muffin tray
- 4 square baking trays (with sides) of varying sizes
- 1 round springform cake tin
- 1 round cake tin
- 1 loaf tin

It seems too many for me, even though I bake frequently. The ones I use really regularly are the flat cookie tray, muffin tray and springform cake tin. I never, ever use the round cake tin or loaf tin, because stuff sticks in them every. single. time and doesn't come out cleanly. So I can definitely declutter those 2 items.

The square baking trays, well, I use them occasionally, e.g. for a roast when I need something to catch the juices. But, I was thinking that I could put the roast in an oven bag and place it on the flat cookie tray. Would that work? And if I ever get an urge to cook slices (very rare), I could use my rectangular pyrex dishes, I guess (can I?).

What do you all think? How many baking trays do you have? How many do you need? What can I get rid of?

· Registered
3,692 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
I was thinking that I could put the roast in an oven bag and place it on the flat cookie tray. Would that work?
I would stick with the reusable tray you have rather than throwing it out and going for a single use solution.

· Registered
3,464 Posts
Everything looks okay, but 1 muffin pan would not be enough. I need 2 cookie sheets too. Not only does it simply take longer, but think of the energy being wasted in all that time - yikes.

· Registered
2,439 Posts
I wouldn't feel a need to have 4 baking trays. But I would feel a need to have two round cake pans (I like to make layer cakes). So I guess a lot of this is subjective/based on what you bake.

One thing we do to reduce the number of pans we need is use our pizza pans for making cookies. Because really, the only difference is the shape (round vs. rectangular).

Another thing we do is use our glass pie dish to roast potatoes in. Most things can multi-task if you think on it long enough.

· Registered
704 Posts
If you have some pyrex dishes, then perhaps you can get rid of the square baking trays and use the pyrex instead. I use mine for cooking fish and stuff, as well as the casseroles, cakes, etc that it's intended for. Plus, pyrex can become storage for leftovers in the fridge, and is good in the dishwasher, and I'm not sure about baking pans in the dishwasher.

· Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post
If you have some pyrex dishes, then perhaps you can get rid of the square baking trays and use the pyrex instead. I use mine for cooking fish and stuff, as well as the casseroles, cakes, etc that it's intended for. Plus, pyrex can become storage for leftovers in the fridge, and is good in the dishwasher, and I'm not sure about baking pans in the dishwasher.
: I LURVE Pyrex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.