Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5,447 Posts
Yeah, I was told that more than 4-6 in an hour was bad. With my 2nd ds, I called my doc to ask if it was normal b/c I'd been having them for HOURS. They weren't exactly regular, going anywhere from 2-10 min apart, but I was having close to 15-20 an hour for over 2 hours when I called my doc. She told me to drink a bunch of water and lie down. I told her I'd already done that (doesn't EVERYONE know that's what they're supposed to do? LOL!) so she told me to go into the hospital to be monitored since it was late afternnon and her office was closing. I went in, and the contrax stopped 2 min before they hooked me up to the monitor. I'd been having them for 3 or 4 hours at that point. The nurses just laughed and told me not to feel stupid, it happens all the time. They checked my cervix and while it was soft and a little effaced, it wasn't dialated at all. I think I was around 32 weeks. From that point on, that happened to me pretty frequently, but I figured if the contrax weren't hurting then it wasn't anything to worry about. They were strong and uncomfortable, but not painful. I had ds at 38 weeks. I was at 9cm when I got to the hospital 1.5 hours after waking up w/ painful contrax.

Now my ? is is there a connection between having fast labors and having a uterus that exercised a lot w/ strong bh? LOL!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.